• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cffileupload doesn't seem to be uploading

Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on building my own photo galllery now that CF has provided this nifty multi-file upload box.  The problem is, I can't seem to get it to do what I want.

My idea for the album is to upload everything to a working folder on my website, then have a script resize them (making thumbnails and main images) before moving them to where they'll actually go.  But right now, I can't get anything to "upload".  Upload is in quotes, because right now, this is all local to my PC.  I'm running CF10/Apache2.2.22/MySQL 5.5.28/Ubuntu 12.10.

Right now, here's what I have on my upload.cfm page:

<cfset session.storage = replace(createUUID(), "-","_","all")>

<cffileupload width="640" extensionfilter="jpg,jpeg,png" url="photomanage.cfm?#urlEncodedFormat(session.urltoken)#" name="photos" />

(The UUID stuff is from Ray Camden's tutorial).

And here's what's in photomanage.cfm:

<cffile action="uploadAll" destination="/var/www/manage/upload" nameconflict="makeunique">

Knowing me, there's probably something obvious that I'm doing wrong, but if I knew what that was, I wouldn't be bugging you guys.

If I can get it to upload files, my next step will be to associate the uploads with a particular album, but if I can't do that on upload, I can always associate them in the next step, so no biggie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Does ColdFusion have write permissions to the /var/www folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ColdFusion have write permissions to the /var/www folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does, BUT it DIDN'T have  permission to /var/www/upload/ !!!  Stupid me for assuming that new folders I create in a directory assume the permissions of the parent directory.

Thanks Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Paul.. It is always the little things that get us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I'm back to having problems with this again.

It all worked perfectly on my CF10 local install, but once on the server (CF9 shared hosting) I'm getting 401 errors when I try to upload.  The directory permissions should be fine, as I've tried everything up to (and including) 777.

I've also tried fiddling with the createUUID() thing without any luck, and last night I abandoned <cffileupload> and tried the HTML5 multi-upload box, but I can't seem to get a processing page to see what I'm uploading from that.

So I'm sort of stuck doing the FTP thing.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so I have a little more info.

So far I have tried:

- Changing file permissions on the processing page.

- Verifying that the upload directory has write permissions.

- urlencodedformatting both the session token and the entire pagename?token combo

- Specifying both the processing page by filename and by /path/filename

- session and jsession session variables

When I specify the processing page in the <cffileupload> tag, I get a 401 error

When I specify it as a /path/filename, I get a 404 error.  In the CF error log, it looks like the path is getting passed twice. (/home/username/public_html/home/username/public_html/filename.cfm)

I'm to the point where I'm about ready to buy uploadify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't have permissions, didn't you get an error message telling you that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly, no.  I copied my single-file uploader into the admin folder, and when I uploaded a single file, I got my generic error from Application.cfc.  When I commented the error handler out, I got the actual error and knew Tim was right.  The multi-file uploader didn't give me any clue about what was wrong.

So, now that files are uploading, how do you get the page to do something else once the files have uploaded.  Is the JS route the only way?  I'd like to forward to a processing page after the upload where I can do things like pick an album for the photos.  Unless of course there's a way to associate them with an album at the time of upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sort of solved this by wrapping the cffileupoad with a form tag with an action pointing to my processing page, then adding a submit button with the value of "Next".  Now I can forward to my processing page with a click after the files are uploaded.

Trying to do it with a JS function connected to the cffileupload tag resulted in a 302 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation