Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Disappearing Mapping in whcshdata.htm

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

We're using RoboHelp 9, and have had successful context sensitive page help in past releases. Suddenly, all the "page help" is gone, i.e., the user receives only the "home" page of the help, no matter what page is open.The whcshdata.htm files from the two versions look very different. Is there something the Help Author (user of RoboHelp) needs to do differently? I am clueless about the under-the-covers-workings of WebHelp and its deployment and I think we have generated all the mapping correctly. If not, what are we missing? We have a map file with all the right numbers.

Here is a sample of the "old" whcshdata.htm that worked:

function addWindow(sWName,bBUseDefault,nWBOptions,sWBLeft,sWBTop,sWBWidth,sWBHeight,sWCaption,nWPanes,nWPOptions,sWPButtons,sWPDefBtn)

{

gaWindow[gaWindow.length]=new CshWindow(sWName,bBUseDefault,nWBOptions,sWBLeft,sWBTop,sWBWidth,sWBHeight,sWCaption,nWPanes,nWPOptions,sWPButtons,sWPDefBtn);

}

SetCsh(0,"Drug_Drug_Interaction_Detail1",1039,"drug-drug_interaction_detail.htm");

SetCsh(1,"Drug_Pair_Customization_Section_508_Compliant_",1059,"drug_pair_customization_(section_508-compliant).htm");

SetCsh(2,"Easy_Search_Results_Dose_Range",1042,"easy_search_results-dose_range.htm");

SetCsh(3,"Customization_Tab1",1033,"customization_tab.htm");

SetCsh(4,"Settings1",1056,"settings.htm");

SetCsh(5,"Advanced_Query_Customization_Build_A_Query1",1028,"advanced_query_customization.htm#Build_A_Query");

SetCsh(6,"Easy_Search_EasySearchDDI",1045,"easy_search.htm#EasySearchDDI");

SetCsh(7,"Easy_Search_DoseRange",1044,"easy_search.htm#DoseRange");

SetCsh(8,"Easy_Search",1041,"easy_search.htm");

It goes on and on for all the help pages in the application.

Here is a sample of the latest whcshdata.htm that results in broken (or non-existent) mapping:

function addWindow(sWName,bBUseDefault,nWBOptions,sWBLeft,sWBTop,sWBWidth,sWBHeight,sWCaption,nWPanes,nWPOptions,sWPButtons,sWPDefBtn)

{

gaWindow[gaWindow.length]=new CshWindow(sWName,bBUseDefault,nWBOptions,sWBLeft,sWBTop,sWBWidth,sWBHeight,sWCaption,nWPanes,nWPOptions,sWPButtons,sWPDefBtn);

}

addWindow("NewWindow",true,0,"","","","","NewWindow",2,0,"toc|ndx|nls|gls","toc");

addWindow("PECS Help",false,4,"5%","5%","90%","90%","PECS 3.0 Help",2,0,"toc|ndx|nls|gls","");

None of the SetCsh() JavaScript methods that control the topics (Page Help) are being generated in this whcshdata.htm WebHelp file.

Can anyone tell me if there's something the RoboHelp Author needs to do differently?

Can anyone provide help for the developer?

Thanks in advance.

ArmadilloGrey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe your author is already looking at this here:

How Do RoboHelp 9 WebHelp Generated Files Handle Map IDs and Aliases?

(Actually, I've re-read the post and maybe you aren't sharing a login like I first thought. In any case, please keep all posts for the same question in one thread. You might like to have a look at the tips in this post: Before you post... )

Message was edited by: Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In your SSL settings, go the the content category and make sure that you checked any Map Files. If you do not check the map files, your output will not contain context sensitivity.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp