• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no permissions to copy book

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed digital editions and downloaded books from the local library, but when I try to send them to my e reader, the error message "there are no permissions to copy book" comes up and I can't send it to the device. The library account is up to date so there shouldn't be a problem there. Has anyone else seen this message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you authorized the device as well as the computer?

It must be authorized with the same ID as the ADE you use to download the books.

Usually, if it is not authorized at all, ADE should ask you to authorize it.

Is it possible that the device has got authorized with a different AdobeID at some point.

In that case, use ctrl-shift-E on ADE to deauthorize the device; restart ADE; and you should get the chance to reauthorise with the correct id.

There are issues with ADE2.0 and quite a few readers.  Another possible solution is to uninstall ADE2.0, and install v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input. Went back into the computer and found "authorize computer" I went through this step before but something must have cleared out the boxes. When I re entered the info, all was great. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines