• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Printer Driver disappeared upgrading to Acrobat XI Pro

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a disaster for me as all my invoices need to be emailed out and having just upgraded to Acrobat XI Pro I no longer have a PDF Printer which Quickbooks can find.

Please help!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

OK I've re-installed the program and everything is ok now..... 🙂

Just for the record

OS= Windows 7 professional 64 Bit

previous bersion Acrobat X installed via Creative Cloud

Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something has definitely corrupted your install. We can do two things here :

1. Try Repair so that you can start with your work

Go to Control panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Select Adobe Acrobat XI pro and choose 'Change'. Choose to repair in the set-up dialog that comes later. This should bring back the PDF printer. If not, try rebooting your machine once.

2. Try to investgate the probable cause of such corruption, if you can help us with few questions we can figure out why it happened on your machine.

a) What OS are you on.

b) What is the architecture : 64 bit or 32 bit.

c) Which version of Acrobat you had earlier installed on this machine. Did you un-instal previous version then installed the new version or tried to use them together.

d) How did you install new version of Acrobat : upgrade from previous or bought a new license.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I've re-installed the program and everything is ok now..... 🙂

Just for the record

OS= Windows 7 professional 64 Bit

previous bersion Acrobat X installed via Creative Cloud

Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF printer is also missing in my installation of Acrobat XI Pro. I have it from the Creative Cloud subscription, no other versions, English North America language, on Windows 7 Professional 64 bits.

I have tried the installation repair from the application's help menu, the repair option in the installation change feature of the add/remove programs in the control panel, and also the modify option there. In the both latter cases, after the installer begins its activity it rolls back and stops with the following screen:Screen1.gif

followed by an unrecoverable error during installation in an add/remove programs pop-up. After a reboot the problem persists.

I have tried producing PDF files through Distiller, but it won't output any thing, here is the log:

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: ÐÏ à¡± á ]%%

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I have the same configuration on my 32 bit laptop and it's OK there.

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve this with help from a chat.

After running the Acrobat cleaner tool (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html) it turns out that there was still an entry for Acrobat in the Windows control panel. After unsinstalling it again, AAM finally showed the option to install Acrobat.

I clicked install and the PDF printer is now available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Quickbooks but the PDF Printer is there in Control Panel - Printers on my machine. It appears as a printer in Office 2013 and prints to a PDF file as expected.

The following has a procedures for installing a missing PDFprinter. It is for Acrobat X but likely is the same for XI.

http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/2012/06/04/acrobat-pdf-printer-missing-after-installation-on-windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines