• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having problems removing my Acrobat XI Pro installation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a bad Acrobat XI Pro installation (no pdf printer) from the Cloud subscription, clean install. First I tried all the repair and change options with no success. I posted this in another thread with no reply (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4780674).

Today I uninstalled it using control panel/remove programs so I could reinstall later, but the Adobe application manager still indicates that it's status is updated.

I can't find any Adobe Installers as you mention above. The CS cleanup utility that I downloaded only shows the option to remove complete CS suites or all, but not Acrobat alone.

How can I install a working Acrobat in this situation?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate topic as Acrobat uses a completely different installer.  If you are using Windows then you can download the Acrobat Cleaner tool at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html.  If you continue to face difficulties with your PDF printer I would recommend posting back in your other message thread.  The Acrobat Installation and Update issues forum, which you previously posted, would be the correct forum for these type of inquiries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jeff, I have downloaded and run this tool with no success, the AAM still shows Acrobat as "updated" and there is no option to install.

This tool was clearly marked as only for standalone version, is the Creative Cloud subscription version of Acrobat considered standalone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I solved this with help from a chat session, see the above mentioned thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4780674

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue on mac 10.9.5 with acrobat XI. CC desktop app shows Acrobat XI as an an up-to-date app. Going to Apps ? Acobat XI > Seetings > manage Application > Uninstall gives me an uninstall option which appears to run for less than 5 secs and then returns me to the same state with Acro XI 'up to date'.

No Acrobat IX (or other acrobat app) items are present on my OS, including in Utilities > Adobe Installers

So I can neither get Acrobat to run, install or uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I just solved my own problem...

1. Go to adobe.com/downloads --> download the trial installer and run it

2. During install, choose the option to install as trial or subscription (as opposed to serialized)

3. Launch Acrobat XI, logging in with valid subscription info when prompted

4. Quit Acrobat

5. Log out of CC desktop app and back on.

Acrobat XI is no installed and added to the CC desktop app as a valid CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines