• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign cs6 spell check and master pages

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a set of master pages for a template in InDesign cs6. When I create a document from this template and apply "spelling", the spell check goes through every master page before moving to the document. How can I stop spell check from going to master pages unless, of course, the master page is highlighted? I have tried locking all master page objects and have also tried selecting the option of not allowing selection of master page locked objects. I have allowed, and disallowed, the override on master page items Nothing seems to work. I would like "spelling" to apply only the pages in the document, or only the selected page in the document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Edit>Spelling>Check Spelling

You get a dialog box - the only options are for All Documents, Current Document, Story, To End of Story, or Selection

These are the options for checking spelling, ignore masters is not an option, unfortunately.

But you can select a range of text and use the Selection option to check the spelling.

Hope that helps.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17210757/spellingoptions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you apply "No Language" to text in a Text Frame, it will not get spellchecked. As far as I know that's the only way. Don't know if that will help you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines