• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabbed documents

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WSB3F48087-E881-4581-8703-E636CE259898.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the tab remains visible after clearing the "open documents as tabs" checkbox. In a floating window, the tab only wastes vertical space--and it duplicates the Windows window frame that already contains both the file name and a close "X". The tab is redundant and should not appear at all once that preference is chosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen,

There's a Preferences setting that hides the single tab. In the same Preferences panel (Edit > Preferences > Interface > Documents section) enable the "Hide Single Tabs in Documents" option.

Hide_single_tabs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unimportant question that falls neatly under the same heading: say I have six documents in a book open, plus the book panel, and I reach the stage of creating a brand-new ToC for the book. Why does it (tend to) open in a new tab that isn't neatly integrated with the other six? anything I can tweak to correct this?  N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "neatly integrated with the other"? Maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Jeff – See Matt's helpful example

@ Matt – thanks!

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niels, I agree with you. I've posted this at adobe.com/go/wish as a bug, and suggest you and others do the same.

It's frustrating to new and old users alike to have the generated docs open into their own window, on top of all of the tabbed windows. It's easy enough to use the Arrange Documents button(in menu bar) the windows, but frustrating that the windows need to be rearranged each time the docs are opened. These files should open and display exactly as the chapter files would.arrange-docs.gif

Here's an example of the behavior, although I believe it only happens when creating a new generated file (i.e after opening the file initially, the file opens as expected.)fm-genfile-error.gif

The real frustration is that when attempting to access a tabbed doc, the TOC remains on top, and hides the view of the "active" doc.

-Matt

@mattrsullivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL! I'm upgrading from an older version of FrameMaker and trying to learn all new features. "Walk a mile in my shoes..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, that's what it's supposed to do. But that's not what happened yesterday. I will try to replicate the steps and see if it was an anomaly, but in fact that tab appeared in the single (floating) document window even though it should not have. A couple of times, the topmost (floating) window bar also disappeared, leaving only the tab bar as the topmost element of that window!

I have also noticed that if I want to drag those document windows around, the background window frequently overlays them during drag. Disconcerting and not proper window behavior; the window on which an action is taking place should remain the frontmost window, shouldn't suddenly be partially hidden behind the background window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines