• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 Blue Circle Error - Why?

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an odd error when visting some pages on my website. It is a page with a big blue circle saying "Error" inside it. Then one line of text that says "An error occurred while executing the application. Please try again or contact the administrator."

I have run the exact same website using a local testing machine which uses the same CF10 installation and I don't get any problems. I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit, with CF10 64-bit, and IIS 7

Can anyone please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out the answer. I think whoever installed CF10 on the production server used the new Secure Profile feature. When this is enabled it stops the 'traditional' CF error page showing, and displays this very basic page instead. So hopefully anyone else caught out by this should not use secure profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, the secure profile specifies a site-wide error template. You can remove it via CFAdmin (on the Settings page, from memory).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation