Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install CS2 from link - Error Activation Server Unavailable

Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaled CS2 for Windows from the link in "Error: Activation Server Unavailable"  but when I run the setup .exe its asking for cd 2 to be loaded!  - "Cd 2" seems to the problem - I've checked the size and it appears to be correct (I've re-downloaded it 3 times!).

Has any one else had this issue?

Only solution Adobe can suggest is to buy CS6!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Please see post #11 in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4919014#4919014?sdid=KCHDS where this topic has been discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe does not suggest you to buy CS6 if you already have a genuine CS2 product, otherwise, we would have not given you that option. Now, if we talk about the download, may be its something that can be worked on.

I would suggest you to download the same using a different browser or try downloading it onto a different machine and then bring it over and try installing the same.

Check if that helps.

Let me know if you still face the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also follow the suggestions mentioned under the below forum post. Few user issues have been resolved by following it.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4979917#4979917

Message#9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told the CS2 is old software by the Adobe Help Desk and it is no longer supported so the only real option is to upgrade to CS6.

Our Company policy is to us Microsoft IE 8 so I don't really have the option to download using a different browser.  Especially when you don't say which one! It appears to download correctly as the files are the same size as the orginals.

I have tried installing CS2 on a fresh computer running Win XP and I get the same issue.

Its still asking for CD2!

Obviously I'm doing some thing wrong but there are no real instructions apart from the download.

I've been running the "CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe" first - the files are extracted then ot lauches the install... then asks for CD2! Then there no other option but to cancel the install.

I then run CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe then CreativeSuiteDisc3.exe.

Then run the setup.exe. Check all componets to be installed then it installs CD1  then it asks for CD2.  If I just check just check Illustrator and Photoshop, it will install these ok as it only uses CD1 and CD3. Well... 2 out of an't bad!

I have tried running in reverse order  - CD3, 2 then  1 ... still the same issue!

Any suggestions welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install from the downloaded files by downloading all the files into the same folder before starting the install. Every thing works except illustrator. when I try to launch I get "runtime error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see post #11 in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4919014#4919014?sdid=KCHDS where this topic has been discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you have not removed correctly a previous cs2 installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed it via the removal tool and deleted the install files etc and rebooted.

I've since tried to install it on a fresh Win XP PC and I get the same issue.

My thoughts are the CD2 download is either not quite right or its being corrupted when being downloaded... I've tried 3 times ... the file sizes are correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in the cd2 extraction. It create a new folder "Creative suite" intead of copying files in "creative suite CS2"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to have resolved the problem - Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines