• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion installation probs.

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install coldfusion-70-win on my laptop with windows 7. I had it on a previous computer, but cannot access that computer now. I have a back up CD which my Web developer put all the necessary installation components to manage my website, which is where I am trying to complete installation from. The problem is everytime I get to 99%, the Install anywhere keeps asking me to select another location to install it in. Doesn't matter which location I choose, it will not finish installing. I am not very knoweldgeable with this stuff, so any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the installer as an administrator?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think I did try it as Administrator the last time I tried. Does that make a difference? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InstallAnywhere error, "99%...select another location...", usually suggests a corrupt installation file. Did you try to copy the files from CD to laptop, and installing from the laptop? If the problem continues, get a new installation file from your developer or from Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes, I tried both direct from the CD and then from the copied file ffrom my laptop and kept getting the same message. As my Developer is incontactable, I cannot get another copy from him. How do I get it from Adobe support, as I go around in circles with that site trying to get help, or just brings me back to these forums. There is a phone number, but I think it is in the States? i am in Australia.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call Adobe support. Since you have a license, I am sure they will be willing to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I just phoned the Australian Support no and the guy there told me that he can't help me unless I purchase the newer version of coldfusion which will cost me over $2000 AuD, as the older version 7 is no longer available. That's not an option for me, and I know that on my old computer I could still run this software, quite frustrating. AS I no longer have access to the old computer. Would you have any other suggestions, or am I stuck here? Appreciate your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate, CF7 was supported on Windows 2000, 2003 and XP. Think you are going to struggle to get CF7 on Windows 7 especially if Win7 is 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are installing it on your laptop, it isn't likely a production install, in which case, you could install the developer edition of the latest Cold Fusion, and likely have your site run fine locally, if that is what you are trying to do.

Just a thought!

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation