• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recordings within published swf won't play

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having an issue in CP6 where recordings within a published swf won't load/play when testing the files on a server. Locally, the recordings play fine.

Here's the perpetual loading animation I get when testing the uploaded files:

Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 3.38.49 PM.png

The entire published folder is uploaded, so I don't think it has anything to do with missing mp4s(this is the format the recordings seem to be in).

Any help would be appreciate, thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing that springs to mind is that your server is not setup to handle mp4 files. You need to make sure that the MIME type is set in the server so it knows what type of file an "mp4" is.

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I see. Is there a way to use/set those recordings in another video format, such as an f4v?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you can convert your MP4 files to FLV or F4V by using the Adobe Media Encoder, which installs along with Adobe Captivate.

However it's not that difficult to configure a MIME type on your server.

For Apache/PHP servers: http://wiki.joyent.com/wiki/display/gen/Configuring+MIME+Types+in+.htaccess

For IIS/ASP servers: http://forums.asp.net/t/1470612.aspx/1

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but it may not be entirely reasonable for me to request the configuration for just this one instance. If I convert those recordings out, how would Captivate know to pull those files in place of the mp4s?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay in that case you would want to take the MP4 files that you have and "drag and drop" them into Adobe Media Encoder. In the right hand column you can select between a number of different system presets. Find "Flash" and then select one of the F4V / FLV presets that you want to convert it to. (you may have to try a variety of them to find the best compromise between quality and size).

Once the videos are re-encoded you relink them in Captivate. Basically delete the MP4 files you have in the project and insert the newly encoded F4V/FLV files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I too am having the same problem and have tried to correct my issue with the fix above of re-encoding to FLV and delevting the old MP4's, but my issues is still there.  Is there something else i need to do?

Would it have anything to do with the flash version i am publishing to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunita, I think what cpguru meant was that you would need to delete the recording slides and simply import the FLVs in, as I've noticed the MP4s don't actually show up in your library for you to relink. Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes thank you, seems to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources