• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constantly Being Asked To Upgrade To 11.5

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every website that I open pops up a little window asking if Adobe Updater can make changes to my system. Yesterday, because I had nothing better to do, I went ahead and followed the download, installation and all other update procedures exactly as instructed each time. My computer has upgraded to Flash Version 11.5 more than 35 times now and still asks me to do this today. I looked up some answers already about this but the tech support people said it seems to be a problem with the website that the original complainer provided as an example. They said something about the site being written with a future version of flash in mind, or something like that. They did ask for additional URLs of sites but no one provided any. Here's a list of some of the sites which cause a prompt for an update:

www.imdb.com

www.adobe.com

www.cnn.com (Interestingly, FOX does not.)

http://www.thebravest.com/manhattan/manhattan.htm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you're wondering about the screen name, it was the first thing out of a dozen tries that didn't result in a message telling me it wasn't available. So it seems your filter is set up to encourage cuss words and horrid terminology in screen names. Now I wish I had tried [edited by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

What is your installed Flash Player version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (6.1. Build 7601)

Web Browser IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421

The currently installed flash player version is 11.5, even though I am constantly being told I need to upgrade to it. There are some pages that ask four and five times as any advertisement using flash triggers this alert, so if a page has 5 ads, I get the message that Adobe wants to make changes to my system 5 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would you be willing to do a short desktop sharing session with me so I can see this occur?  If so, shoot an email to ccampbel@adobe.com and we can schedule something.  I suspect there's some html content (most likely an ad) that is specifying an invalid version of Flash Player be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines