Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing question - Robohelp 7

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

This is probably dumb, but I was wondering how to exclude pages from being published.

We had several changes, and I no longer want certain pages to be displayed in my finished KB. I know I could delete the pages, but is there another way to indiciate? I removed the books I do not want, but the pages are still searchable via key words.

Anyway I can accomplish this?

Many thanks!

Anahid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you use Conditional Build Tags you may exclude topics from the build. They will still exist on the server but should not be found using Search or via the Index.

If you truly want to remove them from the server you will have to manually delete them.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid any confusion in AnahidMA's mind, I hope Rick will not mind me adding something.

When you generate and publish, RoboHelp first clears any content in the folder to which you generate. However, for good reason, it does not do that when you publish to the server. Anything there remains but, as Rick says, becomes inaccessible to the user.

The files always remain in your source project, they just do not get generated and published when your layout says not to include topics with the defined build tag(s).

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You gentlemen are wonderful

I will read up on Conditional tags - I have not used them. This material needs a complete re-vamping, but I need the time to do so. Still - I can start doing a little at a time when I have a few minutes.

Thanks for the fast response!

Anahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp