• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE authorization problem

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several days ago, I downloaded and installed ADE 2.0.  (on Windows Vista)  Works fine, can open and read my books.  Downloaded from public library, again, no problems.  Plugged in my Nook in order to transfer library book.  ADE sees the Nook.  Nook accepts the book, but when I tried to open the book on the Nook, it said book contents were not there.  This started a very frustrating search to remedy the problem.  I tried to authorize ADE on my laptop, but I get the message:  "Activation Server error.  code:  E_AUTH_NOT_READY      Digital Editions encountered an error on the activation server.   I gave up -- today I tried again - same thing.  I found several references to the same problem in this forum, but the solutions offered have not worked for me.  Anyone have any ideas what I might try next?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling and installing v1.7.2 instead?

That worked for me when I had ADE2.0 / Overdrive(library books) / Sony 350 issues; and has also worked for others with similar problems.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link sjpt.  I looked for a download for that version but couldn't find it.  I'll try it and hope it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!  At least for Version 1.7.2.  Installed it and now the library book is on my Nook.  Thanks for providing the link that actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines