• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with secure zone/ forum registration

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having difficulty grasping the secure zone concept and ive spent days watching videos and reading online so I hope someone can help push me forward.

I built the site with Muse, and im using dreamweaver and the BC site (older view) to help edit.  I have a creative cloud subscription.

First I want to create a registration page to collect custom information on users, for example:  The site is about traveling, so I want users to be able to select which countries they have visited, upload a photo, and control their own profile.

I want this user information to control the forums, their own blog, and their own photo galleries.

I'm not afarid of doing the work it till take to get this done but I dont understand if I need to use webforms,  or web app.  The forums module has a default registration page that is very basic, can I use that for a template and just expand it? 

Also I attempted to make webforms and use them, however when I publish my site live again in muse, it seems to delete any forms I made in BC, do I need finish using muse and stay away from it now that the basics are complete?

Thanks for your help, and any leads or overall concepts that I am missing would be great!  Thanks!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not do that in BC exactly. It is not designed for that sort of site.

You can not use the CRM to build that sort of thing.

You will need to build a blog with webb apps and allow them to submit their own and edit their own web app items. For the forums you have a login for the forums but you can not have their own indevidual forum.

Photo gallery - not using the BC module and will again have to be a web app and limited.

To pull that into a public profile you again can not use the CRM as showing their CRM information is ONLY when THEY are logged in. You would have to replicate their data in another web app. And pulling them together will be hard unless you know ajax etc and still complicated.

You probably better off using a different platform to achieve what your after. Coming from Muse and what that outputs as well your going to have a hard time of it. You can not use Muse to publish if you want more stuff like this because it will just do an all in one publish. If you do stick with BC you have to now Ditch Muse if you watn to do any of this right and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know any platforms that would be best for me at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on your knowledge and skils. Like if you know PHP for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, Ive been working on it.  I was hoping this would be a shortcut.. guess its off to vbulletin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines