• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"DAO is not installed" error when opening RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 8 HTML has been installed and working fine on my computer since March, 2011. I am using Windows 7, Service Pack 1. Then, in November, 2012, a network administrator installed some Microsoft security updates on my computer. Afterwards, when I attempted to start RoboHelp, the following error appeared, and the application wouldn't open:

"DAO is not installed. This application cannot run without DAO, so please install DAO then try running the application again."

I followed the instructions on (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/249697) to reinstall and register dao360.dll, but RoboHelp still won't open, and the same error message appears. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp may work.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp, but I still get the same error when I try to open the application. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to call in your IT dept – this is clearly a Windows issue throttling RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT guy tells me that, although RoboHelp 8 needs DAO360.dll, it is no longer included in Windows 2010, and, therefore, Windows does not recognize it. He recommends that I  upgrade to RoboHelp 10. I've submitted an update request to my manager, but have not yet received approval to purchase. I was hoping to find a workaround for this issue because I have a help project due by the end of January.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you pull down the trial & use it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I'll give the trial version a try. Does it have all the same features as the full version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one gotcha. If you open your project in Rh10, you cannot go back. Make sure you take a copy of the Rh9 version of your project. You should anyway but if your manager does not approve the upgrade...

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I'll use a copy of my project when I attempt to open it in RoboHelp 10. I hope it works because I can't even open RoboHelp 8 right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp