Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doc on Using RoboHelp in an MVC 2/3 Web App

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone had sucess using RobobHelp in an Microsoft MVC 2/3 web appliction?  Is there any documentation or examples on how to do this?  Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume that you would create WebHelp for it - but what are you really asking? How to launch it? How to call specific pages (i.e. CSH)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my question is where can I find step-by-step instructions for how to integrate into an MVC web app. The instructions and tutorials I find don't have anything specific to MVC.  We have no problems generating the files out of RoboHelp.  But at a level deeper, yes I am looking to find out

1. How to call a specific page in the native RoboHelp output files. 

2.  What type of linkage I need and supporting binaries to get the answer to number 1 to work correctly.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, WebHelp is just a bunch of HTML pages with some Javascript wrapping around them - launching the help is as simple as calling the main page (usually called index.htm, but can be named anything you want). Calling specific pages is called Context Sensitive Help (CSH) and is addressed in the RH help files. There's a bunch of API calls that RH supports - look for the \CSH\ folder in your RH install to see the different types. See pages on Peter Grainge's website (grainge.org) or Willam van Weeldon (wvanweelden.eu) on calling WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp