Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalled CF8 and it removed CFIDE and cfdocs folder

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks in advance.  I uninstalled CF8 since we had CF 9 installed.  When I uninstalled, it removed the CFIDE and cfdocs folders.  Now the default site and my other sites are not working.  How can I get these back up.  I read that I could copy the folder from another install of the same version but that didn't fix it.  Will I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that you will need to uninstall CF 9 and reinstall it. Uninstalling CF will cause it to pull the CFIDE and docs folders associated with a site root - whether the folders belonged to CF 8, CF 9, etc. (as far as I know). Reinstall CF 9 and make sure you now have a CFIDE folder in the site roots (or for the enterprise version, a virtual mapping to the CFIDE folder in the server instances under the jrun folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fresh install is probably your best bet, but you might also try installing the latest security hotfix because they include a copy of /CFIDE - I am not 100% sure that the cfide folder they include has everything in it though, but you could give it a try. When you copied from another version, are you sure you had all the same security hotfixes and cumulative hotfixes installed, if not then it would fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe the hotfix path will work as hotfixes only give you the updated CFIDE files (at least that is the case with the CF9 hotfixes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation