• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you turn off auto-upload on a synchronization?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to remove the auto-upload setting on a synchronization? Specifically, when you save a file that is synced with another file and you are asked if you'd like to "Upload selected items to site [synced site]."

There are two issues:

1. If you click "Yes" when it asks if you want to save to the synced project, it will automatically do it every time even though you haven't selected "Hide this message in the future"
  2. If you click "No" and select "Hide this message in the future" it continues to ask everytime you save a file.

The only way I've discovered to work around this is to sync to an additional project titled "DO NOT UPLOAD HERE!"

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bb, sometimes the challenges with fixing things related to the FTP/sync feature is indeed finding the place to even see the settings. They can sometimes be easy to enable, then hard to find in order to change.

In this case, I wonder if you would be helped by looking at the Sync Manager or Sync Explorer views, shown using Window>Show View>Other>HTML Standard Views. (These are part of Aptana, which is built-into CF Builder. The CFB docs don’t always help you find/use these Aptana features, which only increases the challenge of finding how to solve them.)

Let us know if that helps at all. I realize it may not.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation