• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

coldfusion confusion

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i finally got a few steps ahead and have installed coldfusion 10 developers edition, thanks to advice here. It seemed to install all ok and i can get into my data in my web pages I want to change, but I cannot change any text. So if I click on my application or categories, a window comes up and asks do you want to view, edit or transfer, then a window popped up and said it cannot locate the program to open file. When I went in to find the cold fusion program there were a few different choices and I clicked on open program with CF10dotnetservice. I'm thinking I shouldn't have done this, as now I can't view or edit my pages, every time i click on my folder ie application, the screen flashes something very quickly that I can hardly see and I cant access. This may sound like double dutch I hope not, but I am very lost with all of this at the moment. Any help would be great, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to edit .cfm and .cfc files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is right I am trying to edit .cfm and .cfc files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion is server software that executes ColdFusion Markup Language code.  You need something else to write that code.

In theory, any text editor will suffice but that makes things more difficult than they need to be.  Adobe will gladly sell you some software for writing your code.  I use Dreamweaver.  The latest product out there is ColdFusion Builder.

There is also a free product called Eclipse.  I've tried it and found it better than Notepad but not as good as Dreamweaver.  But we all have our own likes and dislikes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't have Dreamweaver, my recommendation would be to use Sublime Text 2 with the ColdFusion plugin (https://github.com/SublimeText/ColdFusion).  It is lightweight, but doesn't have all the data functionality of Dreamweaver or CF Builder  CF Builder is a free download and if you choose not to buy a license it will revert to a reduced functionality version after 60 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation