• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no pages were selected to print

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have recently started receiving bank statements online and am able to download fine but when i try to print a hard copy reader 9.2 tells me that the document cannot be printed in one window, and in another it tells me that no pages were selected to print.  has anyone had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that the pdf is set not to be printable. Look at the document properties (Control-D or Command-D).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i checked this and printing is allowed.  the bank statement deal is the only thing i have ever

got this message on.  all other pdf files print fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!, I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this. It has been fine before this new installation.  I called support and they told me to go to www.adobe.com/go/supportportal   The only thing, I've been there, and can't seem to find any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've checked that you can print fine from other applications, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have. But I've uninstalled the adobe, and just printing from "preview" on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes..everything else (works, other .pdf) prints fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I am working in an office environment and we just installed a new printer.  I can still print the same pdf to other printers (which has always worked fine and continues to do so), and I can use the new printer with other applications (Word, IE, etc.) with no problem, but I get this error message when I try to print a pdf to this printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same problem.  Uninstalled and redownloaded and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2010 Feb 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  It works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this problem with Reader 9.3.1.  None of the suggestions worked, i.e., repaired installation, uninstalled and reinstalled installation, printed from other programs successfully, tried to print from thumbnails, set printer to print as  images in advanced setting.  None of the pdf's I had in my documents would print from this version.  I finally uninstalled this version and reinstalled 8.  It printed my PDF's fine.  This was on a network printer Hp PSC 1300v.  I believe 9.3.........1 has a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get it to work for me I simply opened Acrobat Reader 9 from its icon in the Start Menu. After doing so it went through a "run once" setup and I was able to print fine.

I didn't need to do the uninstall / re-install to get things working but am guessing that something is missing from the install process that occurs during the "run once" setup, and / or the uninstall / re-install process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem.   The problem was that it was defaulting to print "Document and Markups", when it should have been printing just the document. 

I set the "Comments and Forms" drop down box to just "Document" and it resolved the problem.  May not be the fix for everyone, but that is something that is easily over looked and would be a lot easier than uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  I hope this helps!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried most all what was mentioned above and nothing worked.

But then by trial and error i found if clicked on the "advanced" box into advanced print setup and ticked the "print as image" box, it would print.

Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem as well.  It is putting me in a HUGE bind.  I cannot believe installing the newest version of Adobe Reader X would keep me from printing my map documents.  It is ridiculous!!  After reading some of the many posts, I can't believe the actual fix is to go back to the previous version.  At one time I was an owner of stock in Adobe.  I'm glad I got out.  I realize you can never account for all of the configurations that all of your users will have but in my case, the only thing different was installing Adobe Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem, thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is with a pdf i downloaded from the hp.com website.  it is a specification page for a laptop i want to purchase.  i have problems printing the pdf from the web browser and even after downloading it to my desktop i get the same issue as above.

i tried all of the previously stated solutions and nothing worked.  i have never had this issue before but my guess is that the problem lies within the way the pdf was created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2012 Jan 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the issue is PDF specific and could be an issue with the way pdf is created. I would request you to please share the pdf document with us to investigate the problem.

Also, let us know the version of Adobe Reader you are using. I would request you to keep your reader up to date by going to help-->Check for updates.

Thanks,

Atul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear user,

We have identified the issue at our end.Thanks for reporting the problem and helping us out investigating the same.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a brand new Intel chipset workstation with Windows 7 and Adobe Acrobat 9.4.7 and Adobe Reader X.  This problem began the first time I tried printing a pdf file from Adobe 9.4.7, and so far none of the fixes listed above that I have tired worked. I can create

pdf files created from Office, Autocad, and several other applications. I get the same set of messages whenever I try to print from either Acrobat 9 or Reader X, no matter what pdf file I have open. I have tried it with files created using Acrobat 9 and files created in 2007

using Acrobat 4 - the problem is not pdf specific, except that it applies to all the files I have tried to print so far. I find it hard to believe that a company the size of Adobe woulod let a problem this widespread continue for a year. Until now, Adobe was at the top of the list

of my preferred software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will problem be fixed. I am running version 11.0.1 and it is telling me The document can not be printed. I click OK it then says no pages were selected to print. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling an earlier version. That did not work, so I just reinstalled to newest version. I need to be able to print for work. Please fix ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this problem - it just started today!!. All has been working perfectly for me on Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 with Adobe Reader XI 11.0.2, which I keep updated at the latest version. Today I suddenly can't print any PDF documents to either of my printers. I can create them, view them and send them to print, but get the No Pages Selected error. I also cannot print existing documents which I previously could print. I can print other types of documents on these printers so it's not the printers. Another computer in the office uses Foxit and can print these documents no problem. Nevertheless I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe and printer drivers. I did update AVG yesterday and wondered if it was related to that, but uninstalling that has not solved the problem either. Feeling desperate (as our systems use all PDF) I downloaded Foxit and found I could print with that. So - unless Adobe can come up with a solution for me guess I'm stuck with Foxit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't solf this sudden PDF printing problem on all my printers with any of the above solutions, from my PC with Windows 7 Professional, and here's how I solved it (at least for now):

1. I found that Windows was set for automatic update so I changed that to 'advise me before downloading and installing'

2. I uninstalled Adobe Reader X

3. I downloaded Adobe Reader XI

4. It worked!  And on all my printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had this same problem but was able to fix the problem.  I noticed that it happened when I pulled open a PDF from a URL on the internet.  When I clicked save from the browser and saved it to my hard drive and then tried to print it, it would not work and would give me the same error.

When i tried it on different computers it didn't print, and when i tried to print other PDF documents, they printed just fine. I came to the solution that there must be something wrong with the file.  So I deleted the file and then pulled open the PDF file from the internet again.  Rather than saving it as a PDF from the internet, I clicked print and printed it as a PDF using Cute PDF Writer.  I saved it to my file location and then opened and printed and this worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let me state that this is my solution on a Macintosh running 10.7.5 and Acrobat Pro X (with all the latest updates).

This problem started for me just this last weekend. I have been to every so-called solution that I could find via a Google search and NONE of these "solutions" even by the self-tagged "experts" work. PERIOD!

I decided to follow one suggestion to install Acrobat Pro 9. However, instead of uninstalling Acrobat Pro X first, I left it installed.

During the initial startup of Acrobat 9 after installation I was offered the option of installing an Extra feature called Adobe PDF Printer which allows me to "Create Adobe PDF files from any application by printing to Adobe PDF Printer". I opted in to that extra.

Once Acrobat Pro 9 had started I tested it using one of the PDF files that had failed to print with the dreaded "No pages selected......" error messages. THE FILE PRINTED AS EXPECTED!

I then decided I would uninstall Acrobat Pro X, but on a whim decided to try to print the same PDF file that had just printed using Acrobat Pro 9 one more time. IT PRINTED!

All I can figure out is that somehow selecting the option to have Acrobat Pro 9 install the option for allowing other applications to create a PDF repaired something within the Mac operating system. Just a guess.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines