• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash is crashing

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave Flash Player is contantly crashing every time I'm on my computer.  It first will say it can't load, and the it will say it's crashed.  What can I do to stop this from happening?  I have the lates version installed.  I'm using Google Chrome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

See my reply to your comment at Flash player / Shockwave Crashing

Locking this discussion topic due to its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using Google Chrome with the latest non-pepperflash plugin enabled. I disable pepperflash because it makes audio and video of out sync.

Pretty much every day either two things happen. One, chrome can freak out and cause my laptop to freeze for 3-5 seconds and then go back to normal, or flash player can cause Chrome to go unresponsive, and then shockwave flash player will crash when it lets me choose to end it. It seems like Flash player these days is terrible. On my older desktop with a Core 2 Duo, pepper flash causes videos to be out of sync in a very obvious fashion. On a Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz, are you kidding me? 1080p videos used to play very smoothly, and now Flash player is total crap wth Chrome on that computer. And now on my i7 processor I am getting crashes and freezes? I really hope that Google gets HTML5 video nailed, because I will stop using flash once HTML5 works well and is used more by websites.

I don't know what platform Adobe is developing for. Flash these days works like crap on single core processors, but Flash 10 and under works fine still, Flash these days works like crap on dual core processors in many cases, and now the power of an i7 isn't enough to prevent crashes. What are they developing for? PowerPCs? Are they even testing Flash on more than one computer? Seriously, way to give away the sign that you're ready for HTML5 to take over. Stop trying to put in bullcrap features and make the CORE PROGRAM work in a stable manner. I'd rather have a stable Flash player that plays videos well than an unstable Flash player that has whatever special 3D optimization API OpenGL blah blah blah. Why does Flash 9 work better than Flash 12 for people with single cores? Why are we getting way more crashes than we used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The primary difference between Flash Player 10 and 11.x is that we're leveraging your system's graphics and audio hardware acceleration (on windows), where we were previous using the general-purpose CPU for video decoding, and the old Windows WavAudio APIs instead of the modern CoreAudio subsytem (which leverages your audio hardware's acceleration capabilities).

The first step is to work through the video troubleshooting guide for your operating system, here:

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.htm

When reporting issues with video or audio, it's also helpful to get your system hardware and driver details.  Instructions for finding this information can be found here:

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Windows_users

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Mac_OS_users

Finally, sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify this by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the menu.

- HTML5 video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w&html5=True

- Non-HTML5 video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT CONSTANTLY CRASHES IN FIREFOX ALSO, THIS QUESTION REMAINS UNANSWERED SINCE 2012.

Why does Adobe refuse to FIX or EVEN answer questions about the constant crashes of Flash/Shockwave crapware.  There is NO way to even contact any sort of tech support.  There are many UNANSWERED variations on this in this useless "Forum." which, it appears, has little or any Adobe answers.  The update today, Oct 13,2018, crashes just as often as the yesterday's version.

EITHER FIX THE DAMN SOFTWARE, ADDRESS THE PROBLEM OR GIVE US AN ALTERNATIVE TO THIS UNRELIABLE CRAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my reply to your comment at Flash player / Shockwave Crashing

Locking this discussion topic due to its age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines