• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new flash player 11 update doesn't work with internet explorer 8

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 and IE 8. This is a home desktop computer.

When the latest update of FlashPlayer 11.5.502.146 was automatically installed on Jan 9, IE8 stopped working. I can navigate to a site, but then it just freezes. I can not click any toolbar or other buttons or links--I can not even close IE--I have to use task manager. If I disable Flashplayer, IE works fine, but then of course no content can be displayed. If I go to a site and then enable Flashplayer, I can't click on anything again, so that doesn't work. HELP. Does the newest update not work with IE8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

This sounds like a problem that might be addressed in our latest 11.6 beta release.  Could you give this updated version a try and let me know if it helps?

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/flashplayer11-6_install_win_ax.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't anyone have any information for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a problem that might be addressed in our latest 11.6 beta release.  Could you give this updated version a try and let me know if it helps?

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/flashplayer11-6_install_win_ax.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help Chris.

I'll need some help tho--

Do I have to uninstall the old version first?

When I download this, do I click run or save?

Then I click on the download to execute?

Thanks so much for your time and brain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to uninstall your current version of Flash Player.  I would save the file to my desktop, then double click to start the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, It seems to have worked. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you for posting back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I've Win XP SP3 with IE 8. For last few months I've noticed that Flash Player is not able to play flash audio/video on a webpage i.e., upon visiting a page the flash player starts loading but it does not finish - a circle keeps rotating - player does not manage to display 'Play' button. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player 11.5.502.146. Also, installed Flash Player 11.6.602.161 from above link. But, with same result.

Same behaviour is repeated in FireFox 18.0.1 with Flash Player 11.5.502.146. It seems that something else is not allowing flash player to play. I've latest Java 7 Upd 13, ZoneAlarm 11 and Avast 7.0.1474.

(Note: I've another PC with Win XP SP3, IE 8 and FireFox 18.0.1 and Flash Player 11.5.502.146 works well. It has Java 7 Upd 13. It has ZoneAlarm 11 and Windows Defender AV)

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rajesh - This sounds like something is blocking/interfering with the flash content being downloaded to your system.  I'd recommend temporarily disabling (or uninstalling) Avast and ZA to see if that makes a difference.  Alternatively, you could also boot into safe mode with networking enabled to rule out other utilities/services causing conflicts.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris,

I tried both i.e., disabling Avast and ZoneAlarm; and Win Safe mode with networking. Still same problem continues with FP 11.6.602.161.

In both cases, the flash player test is saying "working" with ball bouncing at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

I feel it's not the content loading but before that something else is stopping Flash Player to load and display 'Play' button. If 'play' button was appearing and it would not play then content may be getting blocked but in this case 'play' is not showing up. So, issue is somewhere else.

Waiting to hear from you. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point me to a page where this occurs?  Does it happen with all video sites (youtube, Vimeo etc?)

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, I'm getting No Sound since Flash updated itself....see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1154187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines