• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader software over rules Adobe Digital Editions when I’m trying to transfer borrowed books

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader software over rules Adobe Digital Editions when I’m trying to transfer borrowed books to my Nook e reader and it says it can’t read the *.acsm file.  I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed adobe digital editions 2.0 several times, and unregistered and registered my NOOK, but when I try to borrow a book and transfer to my NOOK Iget blocked because Adobe Reader (Not ADE) tries to open the file then says I can't open it. I uninstalled Adobe Reader and successfully borrowed and transferred a book to my Nook, then I reinstalled Adobe Reader so I could read all the PDFs on my computer. But I got the same block when trying to transfer a borrowed book. How do I successfully transfer a borrowed book from my computer without having to uninstall and reinstall adobe reader each time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try installing v1.7.2 instead. 

That avoids many of the bugs introduced in V2.0. 

Quite a few of the bugs related to use of ADE with Overdrive library books and various eReaders.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines