• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with e_adept_request_expired error message

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open my first ACSM ebook, and keep on getting this error message. I am using a standard PC laptop running Microsoft Office and the likes, not Nook or an e-reader. I had no problems setting up Adobe Digital Edition and registering my laptop with Adobe. That seems to work fine. 

However, I cannot open the one ACSM book I bought as I keep getting this request expired message.  I am utterly baffled by the 'check your Time zone' solution. I am based in the UK, bought the ACSM on a UK website to read on my laptop. Am I meant to set my time zone to that of Adobe in the US? Should it be the same as that of the website I bought the book from?? How do I know what. or rather whose, time zone I should be on? I am after all in the correct time zone for where I live!

My internet time settings are set to  synchronise with 'time.windows.com'. I really really do not know what to do. I have re-synchronised the time, deleted then redownloaded the file, nothing will work. It has been three days now, and I still can't open the book.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ebook store you bought it from may use invalid/ outdated certificates. Check their knowledge base or contact their support.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?  Is the time zone set to the same time zone you are located in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be great and helpful if you upload a screen shot of  the  error message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines