Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Review Comments in Word output

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My reviewer do not have access to RoboHelp instead reviews the Word output.  The comments that I add for my reviewer are not getting generated in the Word Output?

I user RH version 9.

Can you please assist me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you adding the comments?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add the comments as follows:

1. Select the content to add the comment

2. Review >Add Review Comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The review process creates a PDF, not a Word document. I suspect you are adding comments and then generating Printed Documentation from the SSL layouts. Wrong.

See the RoboHelp Tour on my site and look in Rh9 New Features. The process is described there.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing me to your website. It was very useful.

However, the comments that I add for my reviewer cannot be viewed either in Word output or in PDF. Could you suggest a workaround pls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you are saying the comments cannot be view in Word leads me to think you have not picked up the key point and that you are using Printed Documentation to create the DOC and PDF files. Is that the case?

You can only do this creating a PDF and you do that via the Review menu.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the tardy reply.

I did create the PDF using Review>Create PDF for Review.

However,  i do not see the comments in the generated PDF. Am I making a mistake or am i missing something? Kindly guide me.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Printed Documentation feature to generate the PDF or did you generate it from the Review menu?

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did generate it from the Review Menu  (Review>Create PDF for Review).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same so I am wondering if the problem is the version of Acrobat. What version do you have?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also beginning to wonder if this is a feature intended only for peer to peer reviewing, in other words if you are sending the project to another author rather than creating a PDF. I am seeking advice from Adobe on this.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since generating both PDF and Word do not display the review comments, could you suggest any other workarounds? The review comments are critical for our project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We seem to be back to square one. You cannot create a Word document from the Review options so what is it that you are doing that creates a Word document?

As far as how comments should work with a PDF Review is concerned I am, as stated above, trying to get clarification from Adobe.

If you cannot wait for that, then there is a different approach but you will lose the ability for your reviewers to make changes in a PDF that can be imported. Changes are not the same thing as comments.

What you do is create a character style in both Rh and Word. I suggest you base the style on Normal and just change the font colour to something that stands out, Shocking Pink works. It's important that your create a character style rather than a paragraph style as that let's you insert comments within a paragraph. Then you create a Word document using Printed Documentation and map the two styles.

You will also need to create a build tag and apply it to those comments so that you can generate outputs with or without the comments.

I would suggest you also preface each comment with three hash symbols ### so that you can search any output to make sure nothing has creapt into an output that should not be there.

Having generated a document, your SMEs can make changes but you will have to identify those changes and make them manually in the help.

Once you have set it up and educated the SMEs, is not as bad as it may sound.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - I know that the Review PDF feature in FM can only be used if you've created the PDF using Acrobat Pro - it can then be read & commented upon by users with just Reader. Wouldn't RH work the same way? Personally, I have no idea because I've never played with PDF review stuff in RH, only in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff I think you may be right and that's something else I am trying to clarify.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Flora_Dots

Adobe have confirmed that you cannot create a PDF using the Review menu unless you have a compatible version of Acrobat Pro. You have several times referred to creating a Word document which is not a Review option.

Please tell us exactly how you are producing the PDF and the Word document.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Flora_Dots

Adobe have also confirmed that the comments are only intended for peer to peer review when another author will see them when reviewing the project.

You should submit a feature request as what you want would be useful. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using the Acrobat Professional version. I only use Acrobat Reader (version 9).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp