Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfqueryparam wildcards in tsql contains search

Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to implement cfqueryparam for my autocomplete function for a project I'm working on.

Currently the code I have is below and works by passing a argument variable into a tsql query.

SELECT

users.user_id,

users.first_name,

users.last_name

FROM

users

WHERE

CONTAINS(*, '"*#arguments.term#*"')

I would like to protect this by using cfqueryparam such as CONTAINS(*, <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="#arguments.term#">) however the results are not as expected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has asterisks around the variable.

CONTAINS(*, '"*#arguments.term#*"')

This does not

value="#arguments.term#"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried to include the * in the cfqueryparam but it does not return the results I'm looking for with a autocomplete function.

CONTAINS(*, <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar" value="*#arguments.term#*" />)

No errors are returned but now no results return. I have a list of names, if I pass just 'bo' into the query it should return records for bob, bobby, etc. Without cfqueryparam this was working great, but when I include this, no results are returned until I type out the full name 'bob' or 'bobby'. This function is a autocomplete search that checks several columns for partial strings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation