• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Bullet Looks no longer showing on Adobe Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason after i auto updated my CS6. Magic Bullet Looks no longer shows up under Video Effects. Like it dissappeared from Adobe Premiere Pro. I checked my programs and it shows Magic Bullet is still installed though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore for the presence of the plugin directories.

For instance C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore\Magic Bullet Colorista

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i just checked and the plugins are there. Magic Bullet. Colorista. but after updating CS6. now it no longer shows up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling MBL?  Only takes a couple of minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i haven't but i had alot of presets when using Magic Bullet Looks and colorista.It showed up under presets of Adobe Premiere Pro.. but no longer shows those presets from Magic

If I reinstalled would it delete all those presets i had?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on where the presets are stored.  If they're stored in the pref file, and you choose to replace the prefs, then yes... your presets would get wiped out.

You could save / move / archive your prefs file before you reinstall (or look for a presets folder) and then re-write it after you did your reinstall.

You didn't say Mac or Windows, so I can't help you on where those might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7. could you tell me where presets would be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not; I'm a Mac guy.  You could try using the search function for Presets on your Applications drive.

Here's a trick I use:  Name a preset something unique, like "madonna's bra."  Then search your disks for "madonna's bra."  IF the presets are stored as separate files, there it is  (This is the case for Pr Keyboard Settings, for example.).

If your search produces no results, they're probably stored either in the Prefs file or an aggregated Presets file unique to that plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I creaed a new preset.. but no results came when i searched.. Would you know the location to PREFS file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for "looks" on your app drive and see if you find anything that looks like a prefs file that you modified when you created that new preset.

I'm trying to teach a boy to fish here, and you seem to want us to give you the fish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i typed " looks"  on my search.. doesnt show up anything from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bknjs wrote:

Sorry i typed " looks"  on my search.. doesnt show up anything from adobe.

Looks is not an Adobe product.  Red Giant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a utility like BeyondCompare to make sure your C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5.5 and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6 match in content. That is the easiest way to upgrade to a newer version and add the plug-ins as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i checked in this folder

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\

i only see 1 folder CS6

no CS5.5..

I never had CS5.5  Just 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just rename or remove "-64x" on plugins name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is quite old, but did you ever find a solution? I'm running into the exact same issue.  All of my directory files are in the right place and I've done all the troubleshooting listed on Red Giant's site, but neither cs5 nor cs6 will recognize MBL, though misfire is recognized. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Hitesh had the correct solution. Just remove any _x64 or _64 after the plugin name and it will work like a charm. Surprising that neither Adobe nor RedGiant has come up with a quick fix. I am running Windows 8 and all Adobe CC 2014 apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benmm you where wright thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, I was having this problem with Colorista 3 and MB Looks. Putting _x64 on Colorista brought it back, and taking _64 off Looks brought it back. Thanks for the help. And for future people, it can go both ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem but I figured out a solution based on the comments I read here. This is different than the solutions said above but in case anyone is having the same problem, I've figured out a solution for my case.

So, I downloaded Magic Bullet Looks for After Effects CS6 and Vegas Pro. Magic Bullet worked perfectly fine for Vegas Pro but I realized that when I went into After Effects I could not located the "Looks" selection. What I did not know before was that both After Effects and Vegas Pro have different locations for the Magic Bullet Looks Plug-in.

After messing around with the Vegas LooksBuilder Folder, I came here and realized that all Adobe programs have their own folder locations, of course.

Anyway, I went to the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore and found that my other previously installed programs were there such as Twixtor and Sapphire Plug-ins but not Magic Bullet Looks. So, out of curiosity I went through the other folders under Plug-ins. Under Plug-ins I found folders titled 7.0, CS5, CS5.5, and CS6.  I went through all these folders and found out that Magic Bullet Looks was installed under the 7.0 folder.

I found that odd since I installed it for CS6. What I did was select all the Magic Bullet Looks files and moved them to the CS6 folder under MediaCore where Twixtor and Sapphire Plug-ins were installed.

After I moved then I laughed After Effects and the "Looks" selection was there.

How this helped. I spent hours trying to find a solution to this. The comments here helped so thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines