• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: How do I import index keywords from one project to another?

Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH9.0.2. I need to import several topic books from one project into another project. The import works fine, but none of my custom index keywords import. I'm not using the smart index feature because the keywords needed for this project are not necessarily mentioned the document texts.

Any thoughts on how I can get the index terms to import?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is there is no easy way to import index keywords. They do not come across with imported topics so have to be manually added. However you could copy and paste them from a project's <projectname>.hhk file if your open this in Notepad. The problem with this is that the keywords are not sorted. They appear sequentially in the file in the order they were added. So it maybe more trouble than it is worth and be open to errors if you are not comfortable with XML files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

One easy way to coax the keywords into the project would be to right-click the Index folder you see in the Project Manager pod. When you do this you should see an option to create a New Index. On the following dialog you will give the new index a name. Then you see a check box that is titled "Copy existing index". Enable that and you are then able to click the ellipsis icon and browse to the index containing the terms you want to add.

Assuming the new project has the same structure with the same topic names, the terms *SHOULD* still link. But only experience will ferret that out.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp