• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player installs, Removed Chrome, Failed to register.

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of machines that will download the flash player update, says it installed, then I go to another web site and it tells me to install again.

So I have uninstalled and re installed the latest flash player. Then somewhere on these forums, I found that Google Chrome was causing the issues. I uninstall Google Chrome and now

it says that it "Failed to Register" when installing.

I have tried the solution here. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448   Did not work.   I tried http://forums.adobe.com/thread/461168 Did not work (That works great for xp.)

Win 7 64

Internet Explorer  9

Flash Player 11.x

Also I get the same problems in Vista.

It works in Chrome, But that is not the point. The user wants IE9 to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For resolving these issues please do the following

Open the below link and download the Adobe flash player uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows. html

Please make sure you the Administrator of the System. Run this uninstaller and restart your system, install latest version of Adobe flash player from www.adobe.com.

- Devendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed and reinstalled many times. Did not work.

It is a newer machine that had the "FBI" virus on it. Cleaned it up, and ran into that problem.

UPDATE.. Since it was a newrwrite on the computer, I did a system restore on it. The Adobe flash player worked. It has  version 11.5.502.146 on it.

Now I go and get a new flash player from Adobe.com and it goes through all the actions. I uncheck if I want Chrome and install flash player. That's where I run into problems. It wants to install version 11.5.502.146

(which is already on the computer) As soon as I install that.... No more flash. Nothing has changed except that. If I do a restore again, It all works. So which registry keys are corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error occurs due to permission issue, Please use the below kb article

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

and follow all the steps written under the section "The Flash Player ActiveX control could not be registered". If that does not resolve your issue you can apply other steps too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE.  I tried all of the suggestions. Nothing worked. I ended up rewriting the computer for the fix. I wouldn't mind rewriting, but I get 5 of these problems a week. There must be a soulution. This last computer was bought a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines