• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search function for iPad and Android tablets not working.

Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 10 HTML output. I tested using an existing project and a brand-new project. In both cases, after typing in a search term that is definitely in the topic, the results page displays but is blank. Is this a known issue, or is a fix available?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On which devices did you test the output? Did you see this behaviour in the preview, on your desktop on or the devices themselves? And is it only the screen layout that is causing the problem or is the device itself the problem (same results, even with desktop layout)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Willam!

I tested the output on a PC, iPad, and iPhone.

• The search function for all layouts worked in the preview
  • The desktop and iPhone search worked on the actual devices from the published file
  • The iPad search function did not work on the actual device (although it did work in the preview)

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

- Does the search work in the desktop layout on the actual iPad?

- Did you try the optimazation settings in the SSL? Try enabling zoom, it probably has nothing to do with it, but trying won't hurt.

- Are there any specific security settings on the iPad? Think of not saving cookies, disallowing certain technologies, etc.?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp