Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording captions, text entry and FMR problems

Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with my recordings. This issue emerged very recently and I don't know what is different that could be causing this.

I am on Windows XP and Captivate 5.5

When I do a recording, I use custom settings that include captions and incorrect captions and text entry boxes are automatically created.

custom_options.JPG

My problem is on the last few recordings I've made, my captions are "scrunched up" and have no text in them and my text captions are not automatically generating either. FMR slides are just white. Here's a screenshot of my text captions:

caption_issue.JPG

Anyone know what could be causing this? I've already tried backing up the Captivate 5.5 folder and restarting as well as double-checking my settings.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does it happen when you try to record any web Page on a Web browser?

Try running Captivate in admin mode (right click Run as Admin) and do a sample recroding with same settings and check if it still causes the problem.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a ticket open with Adobe and tried that. I didn't have admin rights when this first happened, so that was what Adobe said was the issue. Even having admin rights didn't fix the problem at first so I had to re-install.

Seems to be working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources