Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error installing to non-C drive

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

My C drive is a small SSD drive on which I keep only my Windows install. I'm trying to install the (trial version of) Flash Builder 4.6 on my D drive, and while it seems to accept the correct install location, it fails with an error code 30 and refuses to install Flash Builder. The troubleshooting details say that the C drive doesn't have the necessary 1.7gb of space (which is true, it doesn't), however it shouldn't be checking the C drive at all - the D drive has more than enough space. I've tried search for answers to this and can't find anything; poking through the extracted files and manually changing all their .xml files to use a D drive install location does nothing and I can't find a preinstalled/preunpacked version. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit, for what it's worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As an unrelated (I think) side note, the default install location is always "C:\Program Files (x86) (x86)\Adobe" - and yes, the (x86) being there twice is not a typo.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced the same problem today, only 1GB was free on C: and I couldn't free up anymore. The solution to download 7-zip, right click on FlashBuilder_4_7_LS10_win64.exe, choose 7zip and then extract to a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines