• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reserialization

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2007 Jan 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a reserialization email from Adobe with a new serial number for Robohelp office, but with no instructions. Do I need to uninstall Robohelp and then reinstall it and enter the new serial number, or is there another way to do it without uninstalling?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

Did the email say why you have been given the new serial number?
What version are you using?

If it is a new serial number, you will need to uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have admininstrator privileges when you do this. If it is a new 'activation code' that is a little different. You will only need to enter the activation code when requested to do so at start up. Or click on the Help menu and select Activate.

However, I'm curious why you have been asked to enter a new serial number, was there no explanation?

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number I had been using was not working, so they sent me the new serial number (definitely serial number, not activation number). The CD I have is for Version 2002, and I'm really hoping this new serial number will work with it! The reserialization email they sent indicates "RoboHelp Office, 5.0, Windows, Universal English", so hopefully that work, and from your email it sounds like I definitely need to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks for the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't sound right but RH will soon make it clear whether or not it is acceptable. I think you will be going back to Adobe to explain different versions to them though!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yep, as Peter says, go back to Adobe. Also, if you are doing a full reinstall, you need to be re-install the Robohelp SR2 patch. This is still available on the Adobe Site.

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads/sr/ver92/sr1.html

Good luck
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp