• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to download flashplayer on WINDOWS 8 Firefox v 18

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up a new Windows 8 64bit  Desktop with 2 Users.

Both use Firefox.

One User - the administrator has no problem watching YouTube/ News videos etc.

The other User can click on videos but nothing shows or the video window flashes on and off.

A search shows Flashplayer is not available on the 2nd User's side.

Trying to use Firefox/Google to down load Flashplayer on the 2nd User side - the download works and the installation works up to 47%. I then get a message to close Firefox -  but Firefox is already closed. I stay in this loop of being told to close Firefox until I hit finish and cancel the installation.

I've tried this a couple of times

Anyone any advice ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Please launch Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc, keyboard shortcut) and make sure Firefox.exe is not running in Processes Tab

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vikram - I looked and could see no Firefox processes or Firefox apps running.

To recap, when I use Firefox under my User name and look at Youtube videos I can see them and the Task Manager shows Firefox and Flashplayer running.  So no problems there.

Switch to the other user and I have the original problem unable to download flashplayer because Firefox is running(when it's not)

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

This morning I was able to download Flashplayer - I didn't change anything but this time it downloaded.

Now when I click on a video window  - say in Youtube - the video does not show and the Firefox icon  on the toolbar starts flashing. When I go into task manager I see that in the background processes , Flashplayer is running and then not running/ running and then not running - changing about every second.

Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just want to double check, 2nd user account got Administrator rights ?

Use Flash Player uninstaller to remove Adobe Flash Player completely (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html).

Download Adobe Flash Player and install it again (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer)

Offline installer for Adobe Flash Player 11.5 : http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/support/acrobat/install_flash_player.exe

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram

no the 2nd User does not have admin rights - the 1st(me) does and I log in with my password to enable the installation. Should the 2nd user have admin rights ? I don't know how to do that

I'll follow the uninstall and then try the offline installer

thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE

uninstalled FLASHPLAYER and did an offline install. Same prolem - Task Manager shows Flashplayer as a background process but appearing and disappearing in the Task Manager list every half second or so.

Firefox goes into some form of problem in the the little circling wheel(?) that appears when loading Firefox appears again as though it is trying a reload ?  Looking at anything other than video - no problem

thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines