Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting HTML topic into text box

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2007 Jan 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2.

Is there anyway to insert the contents of one HTML topic file into a text box of another HTML topic, similar to the MS Word function of inserting the contents of a word document into the frame in another document.

I have a RoboHelp HTML project that has a lot of Related Topics pages. Instead of a popup of Related Topics, I want the related topics to appear in a text box on that topic page. I am manually copying and pasting the Related Topics links a topic at a time into the text box for that topic. I am hoping there is a faster way of doing this.

The project I am working on has 30 modules, each one has about 50 topics and each topic has its own Related Topics page.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gdavism2m

You can accomplish this using an Inline Frame (IFRAME).

Just insert something like XXX somewhere in your topic where you want the Iframe to appear. Then select it and change the view to TrueCode. After you do this, you should see something like this:

<p>xxx</p>

Change it to read:

<iframe></iframe>

Click the Save All button and change the view back to WYSIWYG. Once there, double click the new object you see and you will see properties that allow you to choose the file to be displayed inside the frame.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,
Thanks for the quick reply. I did all that you suggested and just the name of the file I inserted shows up in the iframe. Also is there anyway to position the iframe.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There are topics on iFrames on both Rick's site and my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp