• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copying & activating Illustrator onto new computer.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Illustrator CS2 on my old iMac.  Bought a new Macmini and it will not work.  Purchased Illustrator CS5 from Office Depot and have installed it on old computer first.  Now I want to copy over Illustrator CS5 to my new Macmini.  What files from Illustrator CS5 do I need to make sure I copy over from my old iMac to my new Macmini?  AND do I need to Deactivate Illustrator CS5 on my old iMac before I try to active it on my new Macmini?  (the Illustrator CS5 I purchased came on a DVD and my MacMini has not DVD slot so I need to copy the files over to my new Macmini withOUT using the Adobe Illustrator DVD installer disc).  Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not copy, you install. So, in other words, you need to copy the installer files to your Mac mini, not the already installed program. Activations can be manged from the Help menu and you have two of them. So until you are up and running on your new Mac, there is no urgent need to deactivate on the old Mac.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply.  I will try this shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actaully copied over the insaller files to my Macmini before I installed Illustrator CS5 on my old iMac. 

Now from my Macmini, I tried to install CS5 and it tried to do it, but I got an error - "Your installation encountered errors"  Please try and restart your system and try again.  Installer failed to initalize.  I restarted but got the same result.  I went to the Adobe Application manger in the Help menu and got this messgage - "Help isn't available for Adobe Aplication Manager."  What can I try to fix this and get Illustrator CS5 installed on my new macmini.  This is an upgrade to CS5 from CS2. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines