• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Web Help Settings Be Applied Across Multiple Projects?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp Help says that you can save SSL/WebHelp settings, but the wording leads me to believe that it only applies to the project in which you change the settings. Is there some way to save these settings as a file that can be used in other projects, so you don't have to manually configure everything each time you create a new project. I'm trying to creae a workflow for our department and something along the lines of the latter solution would save a lot of time and reduce errors.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks,

Douglas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the settings.isf file to save off your settings - File > Project Settings > Export to create the file; Import to pull in your saved one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it didn't work. I've only ever used the .isf file in mapping FM>RH styles and it works there. When I search through RH Help, the only mention of this file is in relation to FM. Have you actually used it to import custom SSL settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do it all the time (I'm an importer, not linker) but I realize that, yes, it doesn't save the SSL settings off - I just never really thought about that part of it. That would make a good wishlist request - go add it to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep a basic project for starting new ones. You could try copying the SSL from one project to another. I think it would work as long as the name of the layout is exactly the same as one in the target project. You would need to change any path details and some items such as TOC name might throw a wobbly. Do it with a new project and you have nothing to lose if it goes belly up.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this might be the best solution, barring Adobe coming up with a file that allows the settings to be transferred in the same way the .isf file can share FM>RH mapping.

This actually answers another issue that I've been pondering. Beyond the SSL output settings, I was also wrestling with how to standardize a template without having to force authors to also import and manage master pages and css file. I had played around with the same solution Petert is recommending with those two things in mind. Upon testing it for SSL settings, it does seem to work similarly well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp