Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New E-mail Campaign toolbar

Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid question,

But in the previous version of the E-mail Marketing Campaign/Newsletter... I (or my client) could click an image, and add attributes to it (i.e. tooltip, and more importantly a hyperlink!), but now when you click an image it automatically pops up an Edit Image Box.  I see you can add a new image, and tool tip, cool... but what about adding a hyperlink to that image?

Also, where the heck is the tool for modifying text size???

I know how to edit in the Code format... but for my clients, they shouldn't be messing around with the code! Am I blind... where is the the font editor located?

Thanks,

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

For allowing users to edit an image and have a link on the same image you should embed the image into an a href tag and make the both editable. See my comment on this forum thread for an example: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2862

In terms of modifying the text size, this option will not be available in the editor. Instead, we recommend you define inline styles on the editable regiond container, whihc will be applied on the content a user will update.

Kind regards,

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really too bad that Adobe changed the editor in the Newsletter campaign, as I was using it quite a lot for my customers... and it was great allowing them easy access to change font sizes.  I quite honestly feel that this a step backwards regarding the E-Mail marketing.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to spend more time figuring it out.  FYI - most E-Newsletter editors out there still allow for font adjustment, insertion of hyperlinks, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

I think there are a few notes / behaviours that might have gotten unnoticed.

With the new campaign editing experience, you will be able to choose how and what can your customer can edit. If you do not use the InContext Editing mark-up to define (and such restrict users to) editable content, your customers will have access to the same editor as you as a partner. They will be able to add images, links and tables where they want with the risk of altering the campaign layout.

However, if you have defined a nice looking template for them, and all they need to do is replace content on that template, you might want to define editable content, and all your customers will have to do is just replace the template content, replace the images (image ratio and everything is preserved) and change the links. For some of the regions, you can also allow them to edit some HTML content, but with limiting formating.

I'd like to talk a little more on this one just to understand how will this impact you or your customers. Can you send me a provate message with your email / phone number so that we can arange a short meeting?

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Just sent you a private message via e-mail.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so apparently cristinel at adobe.com did not work... what is your e-mail address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Aaron,

The email address is cranasta AT adobe DOT com. You can also use the send private message feature on this forum.

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as a customer how do we set up "inline styles on the editable regiond container"  My client is very upset with me about this change, and I have been trying to exlain to them it is not me...

This is a very big deal for us and if we can not find a solutions soon this could be just one more client I lose to things beyond my control.

Please advise the best way around this.

Troy

Corpor8solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines