• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Search Tab Lists Topics But the Topics Don't Display When I Click the Link

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started using RoboHelp 10. When I upload my Help to a Client's ftp server and run the Help function, the topics display on the list of returned results, but when I click a link, the topic doesn't display. I can see that the url for the topic is correct when I hover over the link, so I'm not sure why the function doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is the format you are trying to use? CHM? WebHelp? FlashHelp? WebHelp Pro? AIR? MultiScreen (HTML 5)?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. Funny you should ask about FlashHelp. That doesn't work at all, but that's an issue for another day. It's WebHelp that I'm working with; just a standard Help System that ties in to an application that I've documented for these guys.

I think part of the problem is that I had a laptop crash right around the end of the year, and I'm just using the 'Backup' folder on my Desktop that was created for me when I bought a new machine (with Windows 8 on it, which might be a problem), and the place where I bought it transferred over the files from the old machine. That might be the cause of it, but I'm not sure why what would matter, and I was going to try and copy the project over to my C drive next.

The project compiles but the Search doesn't work locally either, and I fortunately noticed that it wasn't working on the server before I went live with all these updates that I need to post. If you need any additional information, let me know.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp