Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Import

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an excel file containing 500 records of glossary terms and their definitions

is there a way (or specific format) I can convert this file to a Robohelp 10 Glossary or do I have to retype/copy and paste each entry?

Thanks

Karim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never tried it but maybe this would work in a test project.

Import your spreadsheet into Word and then import that into RoboHelp.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

thanks for the reply.

How would RoboHelp understand the imported table from excel?

Do I have to format the glossary terms using one style and the definitions using another style? how the import will link the term and definition together?

Thanks

Karim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/222385?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

I saw this thread on my search (before posting my question) but the last entry in the thread

"Now all I have to do is figure out how to build a system that will take my single-source FM glossary document (that is all laid out in pretty tables) and pull out the glossterm & glossdef bits of content! But that's another post, in another forum, for another time "

didn't really show the final solution and if you figured a way to convert all the "pretty tables "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I didn't - ran out of time. I ended up skipping using the RH glossary and just imported my FM doc in as separate topics (A, B, C, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp