• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving website from CF5 to CF10

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our website was designed by someone a few years ago.  The hosting was moved to our office when we fired the guy, so it is on site and we have complaints of speed from cusotmers because of our T1 service that also has to support all employees.vvIt was written in CF4.5 or CF5.  I would like to move it to a CF hoster.  Has anyone done this any how bad are the errors that need to be conrrected?

I am not a CF person, so hoping I can fix old calls to new calls.

I was think of just moving it to a hoster and see what happens when it runs, and deal withthe deprecated functionsby looking at the errors.  Or is this much more intense upgrade?

Thanks

TedT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going from pre-java to java.  When we did things we had all sorts of issues to sort out.  If there is a theme, it's not deprecated tags, it's that CF10 will be much less tolerent of less than perfect code than was CF5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.. Sounds like Ineed a CF programmer to handle this?

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With any change to a production server involving code, you should involve an appropriately-skilled developer.

Even upgrading between versions of CF that don't have major acrchitectural changes, the changes are still significant enough to generally need some recoding.

But with CF5 to CF10... you will definitely have a fair chunk of rework to do.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation