Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using ANE in iOS Simulator for debugging

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I’m developing on a MAC mini with Flash Builder 4.7 and AIR 3.4. I am working on an ANE and I like to debug it with the XCode simulator. To do that, I am using this template:

https://github.com/divijkumar/xcode-template-ane/blob/master/AIR%20Native%20Extension/AIR%20Native%2...)

I tried to change the <extensions.xml> to refer to "iPhone-x86"  and creating the ANE by using ADT command like

---------------------

"$AIR_SDK_PATH"/bin/adt -package -target ane "$TARGET_NAME" extension.xml -swc "$EXTENSION_SWC_FILE_NAME" -platform default library.swf -platform iPhone-x86 -platformoptions platformoptions.xml "$NATIVE_EXTENSION_STATIC_LIB_NAME" library.swf

----------------------

Then in Flash Builder (with Debugger) I am trying to debug my application with the XCode Simulator with this command:

adt.jar -package -target ipa-debug-interpreter-simulator -connect 192.168.1.54 -hideAneLibSymbols no -storetype pkcs12 -keystore ios_development.p12 Test1.ipa Test1-app.xml DebugHostInfo.xml Test1.css Test1.swf -extdir /Users/admin/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/.metadata/.plugins/com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui/ANEFiles/Test1/com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.platform -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.0.sdk

I always get Error:

----------------------

Error occurred while packaging the application:

ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for __Unwind_Resume: non-standard register 0 being saved in prolog

ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for __Unwind_ForcedUnwind: non-standard register 0 being saved in prolog

ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for __Unwind_RaiseException: non-standard register 0 being saved in prolog

ld: warning: could not create compact unwind for __Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow: non-standard register 0 being saved in prolog

----------------------

My questions are:

1. Is my ANE creation process above correct? Or do I have to use "iPhone-ARM" in the ADT Command for parameter "-platform"?

2. Do I need to add i386 architecture to my build settings in XCode under "Valid Architectures" in order to debug it on my MAC mini with Xcode simulator?

3. Is the Flash Builder debugging ADT command correct?

4. And what about this linker problem described here: forums.adobe.com/message/4319610#4319610

thx

marco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really no one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The above menntioned commands are correct, both for ane packaging and Flash Builder Debugging.

I tried to package and ane and debug with Flash Builder 4.7 with xcode simulator and it worked fine.

In order to create the Native extension static library, please build your xcode project for iPhone Simulator or iPad Simulator. You can ignore warnings if any.

This should work for you.

Please let me know if you still face issues.

Thanks,

Krati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

thanksk so far. I can now create an ANE, hopefully it is correct...

Now, while trying to use it in my mobile application, calling the Constructor of my SWC interface > call initNativeExtension() I get an:

Type Error #1009 cannot access a property or method of a null object reference

It seems that my code cannot load the ANE because I cannot instatiate the extension object.

Can you help me ?

THX

marco    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines