• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to external topics from TOC

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two .chm files: Interface.chm and Def.chm. From the TOC of Interface.chm I have a number of links to topics in Def.chm. I want the TOC from Interface.chm to remain in focus when I activate an external topic from Def.chm.

I have specified that the external topic should appear in the "Same frame", but there's still a problem.

When I launch Interface.chm, the first external topic appears correctly with the TOC of Interface.chm displayed. However, the second and following topics will activate Def.chm with its TOC displayed. And what is even worse - Interface.chm is still lurking in the background.

I have "Auto-synchronize TOC" and "Show/Hide Nav Pane" enabled in both projects. Maybe these settings interfere with what I want?

I hope somebody has a solution for this very annoying problem.

I am working with Robohelp HTML X5.0.2.

Best regards,
Per Frederiksen
7-Technologies A/S, Denmark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Per,

I have had no problems creating links as <A HREF="externalfilename.chm::/Topic.htm"> to get what you want - an external topic to appear in the window with the original topic and its Nav pane. In RoboHelp, when creating the hyperklink, just select the remote topic. I use Shortcut controls to open an external .chm in its own window, which is the behaviour you describe.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp