• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspot styles not retained in compiled version

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where I modify the style for drop-down, expanding or pop-up text-only hotspots using different font colors. I've modified the styles in my style sheet. I only have one style sheet, which is applied to all topics. The styles look as expected in the WYSIWYG view, but not in the compiled or preview version. They always revert back to the default link blue color. For what it's worth, I don't have this problem with heading styles.

I'm generating Microsoft HTML Help using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.1

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2007 Jan 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Craig's reply to the following Thread

His is the last reply.

Although John was generating WebHelp, the problem is the same for HTML as it happens in preview.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reponse and the link to Craig's information. I should have mentioned that I had read that thread and did check the True Code of my files. I have no additional styles in the <Head> section of the true code. I'm now thinking it has something to do with the hyperlink styles I modified.

I just did a test by creating a new help project. I modified the styles for extending hotspots and text-only hotspots (but nothing else), and they worked as I wanted them to. Problem is, I need to modify the link styles in my real project, because I don't want the default "visited" and "hovered" colors. It seems that those hyperlink styles affect the drop-down/expanding/text-only pop-up styles in the compiled version. Does this make sense, or am I completely off base?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Teri,

This suggests that the css stylesheet for the test project is different from the css file in the project.
Aside from that, the user's browser preferences can override your specs.

Is your browser set to accept all fonts and colors from the page? Does the browser have color and/or underline preferences for unvisited and visited links?

The only change I make is to eliminate underscores for links. For example, if there are Glossary hotspots, I remove the underscore so that page jumps are blue underscored and Glossary hotspots are, say, brown and not underscored.

Most people don't bother to select "always underscore links" or whatever, but who knows what colors they specify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp