• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compile error RH 9 (Microsoft Help HTML)

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create the CHM file from a project of RoboHelp 9, the compilation presents an internal error approximately at 50%. When I close the message, the application also closes. The message mentions the .err  file wich has the following message:

HHA Version 4.74.8702

htmlproc.cpp(114) : Assertion failure: (pszTmp == m_pCompiler->m_pHtmlMem->psz)

Making some tests, it appears to me that the limitation is in the quantity os key words included in the project, but, I have another project much bigger wich doesnĀ“t shows the error. IĀ“ve already compared the configurations of each project and there is no difference.

IĀ“m using Microsoft HTML Help as primary output and to generate the CHM I click at the icon Generate Primary Layout.

The applications it is been used in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Has anyone faced this problem? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be caused by the length of the path where your project source files are. The Microsoft HTML Help compiler has some issues if the path is too long. Try moving your source to a directory off your C: drive (e.g. C:\Source) and recompile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried this option. I tried again now, but still has not solved the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what the path is you are using including the project directory name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\HELP\Help\HelpRadar_HTML\FP\Projeto\Folha.xpj

And the copy in shortest path C:\FP\Projeto\Folha.xpj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That all looks OK. Im not sure if the keywords are the issue. How many do you have in the project? You can prove / disprove this by creating a new project with a couple of topics. Next create a new index file (right click on the Index in the Project Manager pod and select New Index) and copy the entried from the troublesome project into it. Now select the new index in the Microsoft HTML Help single source layout and compile. Don't worry about the fact that the topics do not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are over 450 keywords. I took the test suggested, I created a new project and a new index (using the index with problem) and the project compiled.

What can be then? Do you have any ideia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That last test proves that the index keywords are not the issue. What is the part you are generating the CHM to? Does it have any spaces or special characters (e.g. $)? If it doesn't try created a new Microsoft HTML Help single source layout using the same settings - don't duplicate the existing one - and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand your question, CHM file is generated for the entire project and not parts. And has no spaces or special characters.

I created a new layout but not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Colum meant "path" rather than "part".

Try creating a temporary build tag and apply it to half the topics in the Topic List. You can multi select there. Then use your new layout and exclude those topics. If still a problem compiling, remove tag from those topics and try the other half.

Hoping it will start to identify a problem topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When deleted threads compilation is completed. But that happens with any topic and not with any specific.

It is as if beyond the ability of the compiler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ wksistemas Egh?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the build tag is assigned to the topic and a compilation is run, it works; but the compilation behaves as if the topics were deleted. It actually seems as if it were beyond the compilerā€™s capability or as if a certain limit is reached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The objective here is to see if one half compiles and the other half fails. Of course the half tagged will be as if those topics were deleted. That's the point. If tagging them out then allows the compilier to run, you know the problem is in the half that was tagged out.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my test the project always it is been compiled.

Creating build tag at first topics and excluding from compile, the CHM it is successfully generated. This also happens when I create build tags at the last topics, so I canĀ“t identify in wich part of the project could be the problem.

Is there any other kind of test that can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you exclude half the topics, it is OK, if you exclude the other half it is OK, if you include all, it errors. Correct?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case there can't be anything wrong with the topic content. There must be a problem somewhere else. Try generating using a new TOC, Index, Glossary (if you have one) in turn and see if it compiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Results:

1 - Created new TOC from an existing one: error.

2 - Created new Glossary from an existing one: error.

3 - Created new Index from an existing one: ok.

4 - Created new project and imported the topics, TOC, Glossary and Index: ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp