• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long time to display page with debug turned on

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CFM page that returns in under a second except when I want to see the robust debugging info. When I set the client machine to be one of the debugging IP addresses ( CFMX 7.02.142559) , it takes several minutes to return. The execution time displayed was under a second and the debugging rendering time at the bottom of the page says 47 ms.. Other pages in the app do not get lost like this one and come back with the debug info. I have enable robust exception info and enable debugging turned on.
I've stopped and restarted the CF service but I can't noodle out why this one page takes forever to come back if I try to debug it
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 13, 2007 Jan 13, 2007
Per the vendor YesSoftware of the generated code used, CF server cannot debug properly with the way they are issuing the javascript.
According to them:
Actually yes, it is a known issue that СF debug information conflicts with the javascript code like:
<script language="JavaScript" src="ClientI18N.cfm?file=Functions.js&locale=<CFOUTPUT>#Request.CCSLocales.GetText('CCS_LocaleID')#</CFOUTPUT>" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
So when you need to use cf debug output and javasc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that it's due to a query in a loop or something like that which provides lots of debugging info that your browser must render. Try putting a cfflush tag somewhere near the end of your page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2007 Jan 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so squirrely ... as the page returns fast unless I have debug enabled. After a few minutes with debug enabled, the page returns and all of the 'times' are fast. I'm not sure why CF is struggling on this page. I'll try to add the code above and see what happens. But here is the debug output, when the page finally returns and it looks like I have a good fast page.

Execution Time

Total Time Avg Time Count Template
734 ms 734 ms 1 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\SauAR.cfm
578 ms 289 ms 2 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\SauAR_ss_acc_valid.cfm
221 ms 7 ms 32 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCFormatDate.cfm
94 ms 47 ms 2 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\SauAR_SS_ACC_VALIDSearch.cfm
47 ms 8 ms 6 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCGetQueryString.cfm
31 ms 31 ms 1 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCExecuteSQL.cfm
31 ms 31 ms 1 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCOpenRS.cfm
31 ms 3 ms 11 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCWhereParams.cfm
31 ms 31 ms 1 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\Common.cfm
16 ms 8 ms 2 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\AccValidHeader.cfm
16 ms 8 ms 2 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCDLookUp.cfm
16 ms 16 ms 1 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCToSQL.cfm
0 ms 0 ms 5 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCAddParam.cfm
0 ms 0 ms 4 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCGetParam.cfm
0 ms 0 ms 2 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCParseDate.cfm
0 ms 0 ms 13 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CommonConst.cfm
0 ms 0 ms 2 CFC[ C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCSLocales.cfc | GetText(CCS_LocaleID) ] from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCSLocales.cfc
0 ms STARTUP, PARSING, COMPILING, LOADING, & SHUTDOWN
734 ms TOTAL EXECUTION TIME
red = over 250 ms average execution time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SQL Queries

queryExec (Datasource=connSSDSP, Time=0ms, Records=0) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCExecuteSQL.cfm @ 17:14:31.031

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS'

queryDlookUp (Datasource=connSSDSP, Time=16ms, Records=1) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCDLookUp.cfm @ 17:14:31.031

select rtrim(upper(GLOBAL_NAME)) AS RES from GLOBAL_NAME where 1=1

queryDlookUp (Datasource=connSSDSP, Time=0ms, Records=1) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCDLookUp.cfm @ 17:14:31.031

select rtrim(upper(description_short)) AS RES from ss_coded_list_values where type='ACC_VALID' and code='SID_PROD' and obsolete = 'N'

queryS_RUN_NUM (Datasource=connSSDSP, Time=15ms, Records=1) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\SauAR_SS_ACC_VALIDSearch.cfm @ 17:14:31.031

SELECT distinct RUN_NUM, max(generated_date) GenDate
FROM SS_ACC_VALID
Where run_num is not null
group by run_num ORDER BY run_num desc

CALLER.queryss_acc_valid (Datasource=connSSDSP, Time=31ms, Records=14) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\CCOpenRS.cfm @ 17:14:31.031

SELECT P.ID_TYPE AS P_ID_TYPE, P.PERSON_ID AS P_PERSON_ID, P.CNTL_NO AS P_CNTL_NO, P.NAME_LAST AS P_NAME_LAST, P.NAME_MIDDLE AS P_NAME_MIDDLE,
P.NAME_FIRST AS P_NAME_FIRST, ACC_VALID_GEN_NBR, SS_ACC_VALID.PERSON_GEN_NBR AS PERSON_GEN_NBR, SS_ACC_VALID.ACCESS_REQ_GEN_NBR AS ACCESS_REQ_GEN_NBR,
GENERATED_DATE, SUBMITTED_BY, SUBMITTED_DATE, COMMENTS, NEWACCREQ, AR_XFER_LUB, AR_XFER_LUD, RUN_NUM, AR.PERSON_ID AS AR_PERSON_ID,
AR.NAME_LAST AS AR_NAME_LAST, AR.NAME_MIDDLE AS AR_NAME_MIDDLE, AR.NAME_FIRST AS AR_NAME_FIRST, NEWAR.PERSON_ID AS NEWAR_PERSON_ID,
NEWAR.NAME_LAST AS NEWAR_NAME_LAST, NEWAR.NAME_FIRST AS NEWAR_NAME_FIRST, NEWAR.NAME_MIDDLE AS NEWAR_NAME_MIDDLE
FROM ss_acc_valid,
SS_PERSONS p,
SS_PERSONS ar,
SS_PERSONS newar WHERE
( (SS_ACC_VALID.PERSON_GEN_NBR = P.PERSON_GEN_NBR) AND (SS_ACC_VALID.ACCESS_REQ_GEN_NBR = AR.PERSON_GEN_NBR) AND (SS_ACC_VALID.NEWACCREQ = NEWAR.PERSON_GEN_NBR) ) AND SS_ACC_VALID.RUN_NUM = 130946 And (ss_acc_valid.newaccreq IS NOT NULL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scope Variables

CGI Variables:
AUTH_PASSWORD=
AUTH_TYPE=
AUTH_USER=
CERT_COOKIE=
CERT_FLAGS=
CERT_ISSUER=
CERT_KEYSIZE=
CERT_SECRETKEYSIZE=
CERT_SERIALNUMBER=
CERT_SERVER_ISSUER=
CERT_SERVER_SUBJECT=
CERT_SUBJECT=
CF_TEMPLATE_PATH=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\SauAR.cfm
CONTENT_LENGTH=
CONTENT_TYPE=
CONTEXT_PATH=
GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
HTTPS=off
HTTPS_KEYSIZE=
HTTPS_SECRETKEYSIZE=
HTTPS_SERVER_ISSUER=
HTTPS_SERVER_SUBJECT=
HTTP_ACCEPT=image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-us
HTTP_CONNECTION=Keep-Alive
HTTP_COOKIE=CFID=14; CFTOKEN=33114963; JSESSIONID=ba30b9597906$F5V$A8$
HTTP_HOST=localhost
HTTP_REFERER=http://localhost/accvalid/SauAR.cfm
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
PATH_INFO=/accvalid/SauAR.cfm
PATH_TRANSLATED=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AccValid\SauAR.cfm
QUERY_STRING=S_RUN_NUM=130946&S_PERSON_ID=&S_ACCESS_REQ_GEN_NBR=&S_SUBMITTED_BY=&S_COMMENTS=&S_NEWACCREQ=&S_AR_XFER_LUB=&S_AR_XFER_LUD=&SS_ACC_VALIDPAGESIZE=%20&CFID=14&CFTOKEN=33114963
REMOTE_ADDR=127.0.0.1
REMOTE_HOST=127.0.0.1
REMOTE_USER=
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
SCRIPT_NAME=/accvalid/SauAR.cfm
SERVER_NAME=localhost
SERVER_PORT=80
SERVER_PORT_SECURE=0
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SOFTWARE=Microsoft-IIS/5.1
WEB_SERVER_API=

Cookie Variables:
CFID=14
CFTOKEN=33114963
JSESSIONID=ba30b9597906$F5V$A8$

Session Variables:
cfid=14
cftoken=33114963
sessionid=C_INETPUB_WWWROOT_ACCVALID_14_33114963
urltoken=CFID=14&CFTOKEN=33114963

URL Parameters:
CFID=14
CFTOKEN=33114963
SS_ACC_VALIDPAGESIZE=
S_ACCESS_REQ_GEN_NBR=
S_AR_XFER_LUB=
S_AR_XFER_LUD=
S_COMMENTS=
S_NEWACCREQ=
S_PERSON_ID=
S_RUN_NUM=130946
S_SUBMITTED_BY=

Debug Rendering Time: 250 ms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfflush> had no affect.
Withl debugging off, page returns fast. add that client IP to debugging addresses and it takes > 1 minute for the page to come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is usually indicative of just a lot of data being sent across the network and also into the browser. The amount of text being written on-screen and sent to the browser to display can easily bog down IE for example. If I dump out 3 relatively small xml repsonses the code is rendered quickly but it could take 3 minutes for the browser to render in on-screen for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2007 Jan 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Per the vendor YesSoftware of the generated code used, CF server cannot debug properly with the way they are issuing the javascript.
According to them:
Actually yes, it is a known issue that &#1057;F debug information conflicts with the javascript code like:
<script language="JavaScript" src="ClientI18N.cfm?file=Functions.js&locale=<CFOUTPUT>#Request.CCSLocales.GetText('CCS_LocaleID')#</CFOUTPUT>" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
So when you need to use cf debug output and javascript you should call js file directly:
<script language="JavaScript" src="Functions.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is CCS restriction on using debug information together with JavaScript files call with the help of code like
<script language="JavaScript" src="ClientI18N.cfm?file=Functions....
In general this is a workaround that applied to ColdFusion code generating patterns only because debug information is valid for HTML code but invalid for JavaScript. But CF Server has a feature that let you add debug html data into output string.
So it’s ColdFusion solution only.

One can block debug output for a certain page in a following way:
The folder coldfusionroot/wwwroot/WEB-INF/debug stores cfm files which are used to create debug output. For example if “classic output” is used, you can edit classic.cfm file and add a check code at its beginning, like
<CFIF Find("ClientI18N.cfm", CGI.CF_TEMPLATE_PATH) GT 0>
<CFEXIT>
</CFIF>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation