• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I link a master glossary to multiple projects in RH?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a suite of documentation projects for a new software system and would like to create a master glossary that I could link to from multiple RH projects. This will allow me to update/maintain a single glossary, rather than having to maintain the glossary in each project individually. There has to be a way to do this, but so far I'm not seeing it -- RH seems to think that every project will have a unique glossary. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to reply and then saw "Copy a Glossary Between Projects" in the "More Like This section" on the right. It's not exactly what you want but I think it is a close as you will get.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2154215#2154215

As soon as you update the glossary in one project you will need to copy it to the others. Maybe suggest a feature change? Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copying is pretty much all RoboHelp supports. I had this same problem too and I’ve created a small glossary maintenance program. It’s very small and simple, but it allows you to import and export RoboHelp glossaries. I haven’t made it public because it’s so basic. If you PM me, I can send you the tool and some installation instructions for you to try.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp