Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Flash Player on MAC OS 10.7.5

Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Flash Player, I have worked through the troubleshooting guidelines and it is still not showing up as installed even though it says installation completed and the installation seemed to run smootly. I have then tried to uninstall Flash Player, but once again it says that it is not installed.  I have gone through this process about 10 times, rebooting after each and still no luck.  In the flash player Help, it says that either the Flash Player version and OS will be displayed or an error message in the grey box, however my box is blank, not showing either?  My co-worker on the same MAC has Flash Player installed with no problems. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Have you tried the Apple Forum?
  • There's quite detailed information on your specific problem. I came across it when trying to resolve my issues with Flash Player download timing out with Mountain Lion but didn't find anything that helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried the apple forum with no luck as well.  They just say to uninstall the product and reinstall, which I have already done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Safari, please go to the preferences dialog's security tab and verify that you have "Enable Plug-ins" checked.  If it is, go to Safari's Help menu and select Installed Plug-ins.  Please copy and paste the content of the page that is displayed in your reply.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thank you for your reply.  I had Enabled the Plug-Ins as you requested, but that did not work either, however after that I then uninstalled and then reinstalled via Firefox, which after than the Adobe Flash worked in Firefox and also worked in Safari?!? Not sure what combination made it work, but happy to be working again!

Thanks,

Christa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Christa,

Glad to hear you were able to solve this!  It sounds like it was a two part solution, at least for Safari.  If that checkbox was unchecked, then Flash definitely would not work.  However, it also sounds like you had gotten into a state where Flash wasn't fully installed.  Since the plugin is the same file between Firefox and Safari, installing for one will indeed allow the other browser to use it too.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines