Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I installed adobe digital edition to read books and it's not working

Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed adobe digital edition to read books and it keeps giving me an erroor and stops working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

What specific error message are you receiving?  Which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've been out of touch. I am using Windows 8 and the error message I am getting says that Adobe digital 2.0 edition has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution. It then says that a problem has caused the program to stop working, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Scott Braithwaite

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:17:49 -0800

To: sbraithwaite65@hotmail.com

Subject: I installed adobe digital edition to read books and it's not working

Re: I installed adobe digital edition to read books and it's not working

created by Jeff A Wright in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum. What specific error message are you receiving? Which operating system are you using?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5028894#5028894

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sbraithwaite65  Try v1.7.2

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

window 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff stated, what is the error that you get while reading ebooks and on which OS are your tring to do so?

Try rebooting the machine and check the same. An error screenshot would help us isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 and get this nonspecific crash every time I try to open a file in ADE 2.0:

adobe_digital_stopped_working.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you move C:\Users\<UserName>\My Documents\My Digitial Editions to the desktop.  Does Adobe Digital Editions crash when you open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it crashes as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the issue is not related to the books being accessed by Adobe Digital Editions.  Please restore the folder to it's original location.  Have you tried removing Adobe Digital Editions and reinstalling from http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to uninstall or install software, as this is my workstation at a public library.  No admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need to contact the library IT admin and ask them to do an uninstall and install of v1.7.2.

(or ask them to get V2.0 working properly; a much more formidable task.)

Quite a few of the threads here have posts from librarians who are having issues with V2.0.

The Adobe DRM solution would be much too technical for its target audience even if it worked properly,

but the huge number of problems with ADE2.0 really compound the problem.

I have huge respect for you librarians with the unenviable task of helping the public through the Adobe Digital Rights Maze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines